Works Programme Delivery Support
Croydon’s highways team was short of staff, causing additional pressures on senior management to manage and deliver their annual works programme, a high profile portfolio of work.
- Allocate a resource twice a week to deal with the delivery of the works programme and other issues as they arose.
- Work with staff, help them take ownership of delivering the works programme and improve current practices, freeing some of their time.
- Develop longer-term solutions with regards to the preparation, managing and delivering the works programme, tackling issues at source.
- Establish a coring programme for data collection and tar identification.
Through this project, Croydon Council benefitted from having:
- Assisted senior management in delivering the works programme.
- Reduced the average treatment cost per sqm by 30% by selecting the right materials at the correct depths.
- Doubled the number of schemes carried out and increased the overall area maintained by 70%.
- Expanded the maintenance strategy to include an array of treatment options suitable for the different site circumstances.
T: 020 8948 0249
Director of Streets
- Client Croydon Council
- Date 19th February 2017
- Tags Bid & Funding Support, Compliance, Contractor Engagement, Decision Support Tools, Highway Management, Operational Support, Resilience, Stakeholder Engagement, Strategic Advice, Strategic Asset Management