Croydon Council is looking to improve the value-for-money delivered through highway maintenance planned works. To achieve this, Croydon appointed Metis to investigate the maintenance strategies being adopted.
- Conduct a treatment appraisal review by investigating all carriageway and footway treatments available with regards to pros/cons of use, contractual cost and whole life cost.
- Engage Croydon engineers and inspectors to understand the factors they use to determine the choice of treatment when ordering works.
- Work with Croydon’s engineers and contractor to establish a consistent treatment decision process to determine the most suitable carriageway and footway maintenance treatments to be adopted.
- Develop supporting strategy documentation, outlining operational process and treatment decision tool.
Through this project, Croydon Council has:
- Developed a rounded approach to maintenance driven by value rather than personal preference.
- A set treatment decision tool for carriageways and footways to be adopted across the council.
- A robust maintenance strategy that informs forthcoming works programmes.
T: 020 8948 0249
Director of Streets
- Client Croydon Council
- Date 19th February 2017
- Tags Bid & Funding Support, Contractor Engagement, Decision Support Tools, Highway Management, Resilience, Strategic Asset Management