With their highway maintenance budget coming under pressure, South Gloucestershire appointed Metis to utilise investment modelling techniques to build a business case to defend the budget.
- Work closely with South Gloucestershire officers to understand the current maintenance strategies and historic performance of their carriageways, footways, drainage, street lighting, traffic signals and highway structure assets.
- Utilise Metis’ investment modelling tool, Regenerate – Investment Modeller to model the implications of different budget scenarios on the future condition and the need for reactive maintenance on all highway assets.
- Develop a robust business case using the modelling results to articulate the consequences of funding cuts to decision-makers.
Through this project, South Gloucestershire Council has:
- Identified the needs-based budget for all highway assets.
- Quantified the maintenance backlog against a realistic target level of service.
- Used the business case to keep current highway maintenance budgets in contrast with forecasted budget reductions.
T: 020 8948 0249
Asset & Infrastructure Group Manager
- Client South Gloucestershire
- Date 20th February 2017
- Tags Bid & Funding Support, Contractor Engagement, Decision Support Tools, Highway Management, Stakeholder Engagement, Strategic Advice, Strategic Asset Management