Flood & Water Management Act Implementation
Following the enactment of the Flood and Water Management Act 2010, Sutton Council required ongoing support in ensuring that they were able to meet their obligations as a Lead Local Flood Authority.
- Secondment of one of Metis’ experienced Flood Risk Consultants on an ongoing two days per week basis.
- Initially target quick wins such as establishing procedures for flood investigation, ordinary watercourse consenting, power to do works and power to designate assets.
- Develop strategy to populate asset register and implement policy through cost effective data collection.
- Evolve Council’s approach to SuDS and the SuDS Approving Body (SAB).
- Lead on knowledge development within the Council.
- Ensure timely communications within the Council and with third parties.
- Establish and facilitate internal flood risk group.
Through this ongoing support, Sutton are:
- In compliance with the Act and national best practice.
- Able to serve the community through proactive flood risk management.
- Able to respond to flood risk situations without delay.
T: 020 8948 0249
Highways Operations Team Leader
- Client London Borough of Sutton
- Date 29th January 2017
- Tags Compliance, Flood Risk Management, Operational Support, Strategic Advice