Drainage Asset Management
The requirements for an asset register within the Flood and Water Management Act prompted Bromley Council to commission Metis to develop their approach to drainage asset management.
- Asset data review and gap analysis.
- Asset data strategy covering data management, collection & usage.
- Development of asset register to meet requirements of Act.
- Development of Drainage Asset Management Plan (DAMP) including:
- Risk based service levels and performance monitoring.
- Drainage asset maintenance strategy.
- Needs based capital and revenue budgeting.
Through this project, Bromley Council has:
- Developed one of the UKs first Drainage Asset Management Plans.
- A clear understanding of the costs of maintaining these vital assets which will help to inform SuDS adoption through the SAB.
- Developed a concise drainage asset management policy.
- Established robust data management systems utilising existing resources.
- Focused data collection to gather maximum useful information for mini-mum cost through innovative methods.
T: 020 8948 0249
Head of Highways
- Client London Borough of Bromley
- Date 20th February 2017
- Tags Flood Risk Management, Highway Management, Resilience, Stakeholder Engagement, Strategic Advice, Strategic Asset Management