As a Principal Engineer (Civils Design) you will be exposed to all elements of the business. Your primary focus will be on expanding Metis’ design capability across our flood risk and highways businesses, to enable us to provide a more comprehensive public realm design service to our clients. You will take the role of Technical Lead for design, covering both highways and flood risk projects, and will be heavily involved in developing our business in this area.
One of the many benefits of working in a small consultancy is the exposure you will get to every stage of our projects. Joining Metis at this exciting time in our growth will also hold long term opportunities for you to develop personally.
Applicants will be a chartered engineer with at least 5 years’ relevant experience.
We are seeking engineers that are interested in developing a career in Civil and Environmental Engineering, with the skillset to thrive in a small and dynamic team. Candidates must have:
- A proven capability in civil engineering design
- Highway, and or, flood risk design experience in the public realm
- A demonstrable appetite for learning and developing your career further
- Sound technical ability in engineering design principles
- Flair for innovation and thinking differently
- Ability to work within a team and provide management and technical guidance to graduates
- Competency with relevant design software
- Competency with Microsoft Office applications
- Excellent written and spoken English
SALARY AND PACKAGE:
The salary will be competitive and commensurate with qualifications/experience. The package includes a bonus scheme, pension, eligibility for private medical cover and flexible working. Professional institution membership will also be funded, as will the professional development you require to meet your objectives.
You will be based at our office in Richmond, London.
Please complete the form on our contact page and ensure you include a covering letter with your CV explaining why you would like to work for Metis and what you can bring to the team over other candidates.