The role would suit a Senior Engineer who wants to step up to technical and team leadership, or an established Principal Engineer looking for a fresh challenge in a dynamic environment.
As a Senior/Principal Engineer you will be exposed to all elements of the business from project and client management, through technical delivery, to team mentoring. Your primary focus will be on expanding Metis’ drainage design capability, especially around SuDS and flood mitigation schemes, to offer a more comprehensive public realm design service to our clients. You will take the role of Technical Lead for drainage design, and will be heavily involved in developing our business in this area.
As an SME, Metis is an agile company, able to adapt our service offering and stay at the forefront of the industry. The candidate will be expected to embrace this approach and drive innovation to benefit our clients.
Joining Metis at this exciting time in our growth will also hold long term opportunities for you to develop personally. As part of the management team you will be able to influence the growth of the company and play a real part in future success.
Applicants will be a chartered engineer or nearly chartered, with at least 3 years’ relevant experience.
We are seeking enthusiastic and energetic engineers, with a real interested in sustainable drainage design and the skillset to thrive in a small and dynamic team. Candidates must have:
- A proven capability in drainage and SuDS design
- Sound technical ability in engineering design principles
- Flair for innovation and thinking differently
- Project management experience with effective communication skills
- Ability to work within a team and provide management and technical guidance to graduates
- Ability to interface effectively with our highway management and flood risk teams to support their offering
- A demonstrable appetite for learning and developing your career further
- Competency with relevant design software
- Competency with Microsoft Office applications
- Excellent written and spoken English
Additional skills that would be beneficial include:
- Highway and/or public realm design experience
- Drainage strategy production for developers
- Flood risk assessment experience
SALARY AND PACKAGE
The salary will be competitive and commensurate with qualifications/experience. The package includes a bonus scheme, pension, eligibility for private medical cover and flexible working.
Professional institution membership will also be funded, as will the professional development you require to meet your objectives. For our senior management team, there is also the potential to be including in our share options scheme.
You will be based at our light and airy office in central Richmond, South West London.
Please complete the form on our contact page and ensure you include a covering letter with your CV explaining why you would like to work for Metis and what you can bring to the team over other candidates.