Metis Consultants Ltd is a niche Civil and Environmental Engineering Consultancy. We are a rapidly growing company based in Richmond, South West London, working with a wide range of clients across the UK, in the public and private sectors.
With long term working relationships with over 40 local authorities and numerous private organisations, we have established a track record of technical excellence and trusted advice, second to none in the industry.
We have a well-established and respected highway management, flood risk management and infrastructure design offering, and are currently building on the success of the business to expand our design services and capitalise on a robust pipeline of projects. As such, we are looking for an ambitious engineer to help continue to expand Metis’ design offering across flood mitigation, SuDS and highways.
ABOUT THE JOB:
The role would suit an Engineer or Senior Engineer who wants to develop their career further.
As an Engineer / Senior Engineer you will be exposed to all elements of the business from project and client management, through technical delivery, to team mentoring. Your primary focus will be on expanding Metis’ drainage design capability, especially around SuDS and flood mitigation schemes, to offer a more comprehensive public realm design service to our clients. You will take the role of supporting the infrastructure team.
Metis is an agile company, able to adapt our service offering and stay at the forefront of the industry. The candidate will be expected to embrace this approach and drive innovation to benefit our clients.
Joining Metis at this exciting time in our growth will also hold long term opportunities for you to develop personally.
Applicants will be graduate members of the ICE and be working towards obtaining professional qualifications, with at least 2 years’ relevant experience.
We are seeking enthusiastic and energetic engineers, with a real interest in sustainable drainage design and the skillset to thrive in a small and dynamic team. Candidates must have:
- Sound technical ability in engineering design principles
- Flair for innovation and the ability to think differently
- Project management experience with effective communication skills
- Ability to work within a team and provide management and technical guidance to graduates
- Ability to interface effectively with our highway management and flood risk teams to support their offering
- A demonstrable appetite for learning and developing your career further
- Competency with Microsoft Office, Autodesk Civil 3D, Microdrainage applications
- Excellent written and spoken English
Additional skills that would be beneficial include:
- A proven capability in drainage and SuDS design
- Highway and/or public realm design experience
- Drainage strategy production for developers
- Flood risk assessment experience
SALARY AND PACKAGE:
The salary will be competitive and commensurate with qualifications/experience. The package includes pension, eligibility for private medical cover and flexible working.
Professional institution membership will also be funded, as will the professional development you require to meet your objectives.
You will be based at our light and airy office in central Richmond, South West London.
Please send us your CV along with a covering letter to Kim Clements, Office Manager- firstname.lastname@example.org detailing why you would like to work for Metis and what makes you stand apart from other candidates.
No agency calls please.