Works Programme Strategy
As the Council was going through a restructure and the highways team was being reduced significantly, North Yorkshire required a different approach to developing their works programme to optimise resources and adopt asset management principles.
- Review current works programme development approach and work with highway officers to understand what is working and what needs to change.
- Understand what carriageway and footway condition data is in hand and how this may be used to develop a works programme.
- Develop short and long-term solutions, to meet immediate works programme delivery timescales and those for subsequent years.
- Document the works programme development strategy to be included in their Highway Asset Management Strategy.
Through this project, North Yorkshire Council has:
- Implemented a short-term works programme delivery solution, enabling it to meet its tight delivery timescales.
- Established a long-term works programme strategy for the collection and analysis of carriageway and footway data for future works programmes.
- Developed a methodology for selecting the schemes that fit the needs of the borough both in terms of engineering and social/economic need.
T: 020 8948 0249
Head of Network Strategy
- Client North Yorkshire
- Date 19th February 2017
- Tags Bid & Funding Support, Decision Support Tools, Highway Management, Stakeholder Engagement, Strategic Asset Management