Sustainable Drainage (SuDS) Design
Having secured Environment Agency Grant in Aid funding, Metis were commissioned to develop SuDS designs on seven school sites and one council site, to mitigate flooding to over 100 properties and deliver environmental benefits.
- Concept designs enabled the client and stakeholders to visualise the proposed SuDS features and how they would fit into the environment.
- Intensive stakeholder engagement to ensure project buy-in and secure partnership funding.
- Integration of educational features in the SuDS.
- Focus on delivering enhanced environments through improved amenity, biodiversity, aesthetics, air and water quality.
- Engagement with contractors to create innovative yet buildable features.
This project is delivering multiple benefits for Sutton:
- Reduced level of flood risk for over 100 properties.
- Vastly improved playground spaces for seven schools without any financial contribution.
- Engaging educational features for school children.
- Improved council office environment.
- Increased awareness of flood risk and the role of SuDS.
- Cleaner water entering the drainage system.
T: 020 8948 0249
Highways Operations Team Leader
- Client Sutton Council
- Date 21st March 2017
- Tags Bid & Funding Support, Civil Engineering Design, Compliance, Contractor Engagement, Flood Risk Management, Operational Support, Procurement Support, Resilience, Stakeholder Engagement