Scheme Reprioritisation with Regenerate-SP
Spending public money must be transparent and provide maximum benefit to the community and encourage economic activity. South Gloucestershire wanted social benefit included in their works prioritisation.
- Metis developed a web-based tool, Regenerate-SP, that enables highway maintenance programmes to be developed based on the needs of the community.
- Utilised South Gloucestershire’s pavement condition data.
- Established service measures that are meaningful to South Gloucester authority.
- Input South Gloucestershire’s specific pavement treatment options.
- Stakeholders used the web-based survey to weight service measures.
- Established a works programme prioritised against what is important to South Gloucestershire and the stakeholders.
Through this project, South Gloucestershire Council has used Regenerate-SP to achieve the following:
- Transparent decision making process and improved local accountability.
- Involving Members of the Council, committees, focus groups and the general public in decision making
- Time efficient and fully auditable.
- Programmes reprioritised to meet community need and engineering need.
T: 020 8948 0249
Asset & Infrastructure Group Manager
- Client South Gloucestershire Council
- Date 28th February 2017
- Tags Bid & Funding Support, Contractor Engagement, Decision Support Tools, Highway Management, Stakeholder Engagement