Flood & Water Management Act Roadmap
To scope the implications for Ealing of the Flood and Water Management Act and review the current Flood and Water Management Practice. Then develop a roadmap to meet the new requirements.
- Carry out a current state review of the flood and water management practices in Ealing Borough Council.
- Working with officers we establish their knowledge and experience and walk through all the elements of the Act to improve their understanding of the new duties.
- Comparing the requirements of the Act to the results from the current state review we create a roadmap detailing the council’s current position and their options for getting where they need to be.
- Finally we develop an action plan to enable Ealing to comply with the legislation.
Through this project, Ealing Council has:
- A better understanding of the requirements of the Flood and Water Management Act.
- A good understanding of the current state of readiness for the responsibilities of the Act.
- A good understanding of the options available to implement and run the requirements of the Flood and Water Management Act.
“Metis have enabled us to gain a thorough understanding of what the implications of the Flood and Water Management Act mean for Ealing. Through this work we are now aware of how we can respond to these new responsibilities.”
Shahid Iqbal, Assistant Director
T: 020 8948 0249
Assistant Director Highways Services
- Client Ealing Council
- Date 20th February 2017
- Tags Bid & Funding Support, Compliance, Flood Risk Management, Resilience, Stakeholder Engagement, Strategic Advice, Strategic Asset Management