Flood Scheme Feasibility
To develop three Project Appraisal Reports examining the feasibility of schemes to reduce the risk of flooding in three identified areas.
- Working closely with the Council and partner organisations to complete a gap analysis to understand the current knowledge of the flood causes.
- Evaluate the risk of flooding in the area through site visits and a desktop study comparing GIS datasets.
- Working with Council officers to ensure they are kept within the decision making process and understand the reasons why scheme options have been suggested.
- Commission further works as required to enable a strong confidence in the causes and locations of flooding.
Through this project, Sutton are:
- Secured additional funding to complete the next stage of work.
- Increased the understanding of flood risk in three critical flood risk areas.
- Completed several steps in its action plan to reduce flood risk.
T: 020 8948 0249
Highways Operations Team Leader
- Client London Borough of Sutton
- Date 1st February 2017
- Tags Bid & Funding Support, Contractor Engagement, Decision Support Tools, Flood Risk Management, Stakeholder Engagement