Asset Management Strategy
Develop Kingston’s highway asset management strategy (HAMS), supporting tools and, investment business case through carriageway and footway condition data collected.
- Work with the planned and responsive maintenance teams at Kingston to understand the Council’s current asset management practices.
- Collect asset condition data using a bespoke cycle-survey specification to inform supporting HAMS tools.
- Develop further asset management processes to improve on the current practices going forward such as, investment modelling and lifecycle planning.
- Engage with the relevant stakeholders at key stages throughout the project to ensure the HAMS is owned and adopted by both planned and responsive maintenance teams.
Through this project, Sutton Kingston has:
- A concise HAMS documenting the Council’s asset management practices aligned to the UKRLG/HMEP Highway Infrastructure Asset Management Guidance, 2013 document.
- Improved asset knowledge, condition data and process documentation.
- A robust business case to support their bid to increase Council capital funding for carriageways and footways.
T: 020 8948 0249
Highways Operations Team Leader
- Client Royal Borough of Kingston upon Thames
- Date 19th February 2017
- Tags Bid & Funding Support, Compliance, Highway Management, Resilience, Stakeholder Engagement, Strategic Advice, Strategic Asset Management