Asset Condition Surveys
Simplifying information so we can explain asset condition to stakeholders. Metis’ mobile cycle survey provides a quick, cost effective assessment of the network.
- Metis developed a mobile App that enables highway asset condition data to be captured from a bike, on foot or by vehicle.
- Established a relative road condition on client parameters.
- Provided instant access to client to ensure transparency.
- Developed a priority scheme list based on hierarchy and asset functionality – parameters set by the client.
- Provided a map based scheme list to enable senior managers and Members to visualise where the asset is in need of investment.
Through this project, London Borough of Tower Hamlets has been engaged in the condition data being collected both though the online viewer and regular reporting from Metis. This has engendered:
- Transparent decision making process and improved local accountability.
- Time efficient and fully auditable.
- Scheme list reprioritised to meet community and engineering need.
- From start of survey to prioritized scheme list in just 4 weeks.
WHAT THE CLIENT SAYS
“We weren’t getting what we needed from traditional road surveys. Metis offered their fresh approach and the outcome was quick and usable immediately. I can now show my poor roads on a map without any expensive software“
Paul Whitfield , Highways Manager, Tower Hamlets
- Client Tower Hamlets
- Date 21st May 2018
- Tags Bid & Funding Support, Compliance, Contractor Engagement, Decision Support Tools, Highway Management, Operational Support, Resilience, Stakeholder Engagement, Strategic Advice, Strategic Asset Management